Wrongful Arrest and/or Conviction We Rise to Every Challenge

Wrongful Arrest & Conviction Lawyers in Philadelphia

What Is Considered Wrongful Arrest?

When you have been arrested by law enforcement without probable cause or based on some other unlawful premise, it is referred to as a false arrest. This can lead to spending time in jail or even being convicted of a crime you did not commit. These scenarios routinely lead to many hardships for the personal involved, from lost time at work to a stain on one’s reputation, emotional distress, and more. Whether a false arrest or a wrongful conviction, your civil rights have been violated and you may have grounds for a redress of wrongs through the courts.

Wrongfully arrested or convicted? One of our experienced attorneys at Levin & Javie may be able to help you obtain compensation. Contact us at (267) 497-8889 today.

Is There Any Compensation for a Wrongful Conviction in Pennsylvania?

Many states in the U.S. have laws that provide compensation from their governments to individuals who suffered wrongful convictions. The federal government also has such a law for those who have been wrongful convicted; its law provides $50,000 per year of incarceration and $100,000 per year for any years spent on death row. Unfortunately, Pennsylvania does not carry such a law. However, the lack of such a law does not mean that, if you were wrongfully convicted in the state, you cannot pursue compensation. You have the legal right to do so through a civil lawsuit filed against the individuals or agencies that acted against you.

Can Compensation be Claimed for a Wrongful Arrest in Pennsylvania?

This is also true for those who have been falsely arrested. Being arrested and held in jail can be an intimidating, insulting, and embarrassing experience. More than that, it can affect your livelihood through missed time at work without notice, result in a blow to your reputation, and cause emotional distress. These arrests may stem from mistaken identity, false accusations, illegal search and seizure, or even from malicious intent on the part of arresting law enforcement. Furthermore, an arrest stays on your criminal record and you will have to get an expungement to have it removed. This adds further injury to the situation.

Helping You Seek Proper Relief Through the Courts

At Levin & Javie, we spend the bulk of our practice on handling matters of this nature and others related to post-conviction relief. Our attorneys understand that the time, money, humiliation, and stress involved in a wrongful arrest and/or conviction can seem to be irrecoverable. However, seeking compensation in a civil lawsuit for your losses and damages can provide a measure of relief that can help to jumpstart your life. It can also give you the sense of justice you deserve in holding those responsible for the wrongful arrest or conviction accountable for their misdeeds.

If you or someone you know has been falsely arrested and/or wrongly convicted, your civil rights have been violated. We strongly recommend that you speak to one of our Philadelphia wrongful arrest and conviction attorneys for a confidential consultation about what you experienced. Our firm provides zealous representation through a civil rights violation claim to anyone who has suffered damages due to such an injustice.

Reach out to our firm at (267) 497-8889 to schedule your free case review today.

Why We're the Right Choice

Experience you need. Results you want.
  • Over 40 Years of Combined Experience
  • Client-Focused Representation
  • Strategic & Effective Defense
  • Successfully Litigated Hundreds of Cases
Meet Our Attorneys

The attorneys at Levin & Javie are committed to providing you with the best possible representation to help you achieve your desired legal goals. 

Protect Your Future

Schedule a Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.