Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney
It can take less than a second for a serious accident to happen, but the resulting pain and emotional distress can last for months, years or the rest of your life. Personal injury law is a legal process that deals with the harm that people suffer due to the carelessness of another party. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, a Philadelphia personal injury attorney can help you heal quickly and rebuild your life after this misfortune.
The personal injury attorneys at Levin and Javie specialize in serious accident and personal injury cases and have successfully represented thousands of injured clients throughout Philadelphia and New Jersey for over 30 years. The verdicts we have achieved on our clients’ behalf have enabled hundreds of people to begin the process of rebuilding their lives.
We handle several types of matters:
- Premises Liability (Injuries caused by dangerous conditions of property)
- Car accidents
- Negligent Security (Injuries that occur because a property owner or manager fail to provide sufficient security for their property)
- Products Liability (Injuries caused by defective products)
Levin and Javie stand up for everyday people who often don’t have other options. If you have been a victim of a serious accident and are looking for representation, contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Philadelphia Car Accident Attorney
Auto accident claims are among the most common types of personal injury cases. The attorneys at Levin and Javie specialize in serious and catastrophic car accident cases and have successfully represented hundreds of injured car accident survivors throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey for over 30 years.
When one party causes a crash, our legal system allows those who have been injured or hurt to be compensated for their injuries and property damage. By holding the responsible party accountable for their actions, the injured party is made whole and other drivers are discouraged from careless or negligent driving. Unfortunately, earning compensation from the responsible party is not always easy. That’s when a lawyer can really help.
If you have suffered serious injuries from an auto accident and in need of expert legal representation, call our law firm today to speak with one of our attorneys for a free consultation. We operate on a contingency basis and will not charge a fee or seek reimbursement for costs advanced unless your case is won.
These are some of the accident cases we handle:
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Accidents caused by trucks or buses
- Accidents caused by dangerous road conditions
- Rideshare accidents
- Accidents resulting in death or serious bodily injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Levin and Javie can help make you whole after being the victim of a car accident. Contact us today for a free case evaluation and to begin putting your life back together.
Philadelphia Products Liability Attorney
When you use a product of any kind, you rightfully expect for it to work safely. Unfortunately, thousands of people are hurt every year by dangerous products that reach the market despite consumer protection laws and sophisticated manufacturing techniques.
Defective products can cause serious injuries and even death and result in thousands of dollars of loss to innocent consumers.
When injuries are caused by a product defect, our legal system allows injured parties to recover medical expenses, lost wages, diminished earning capacity and for pain and suffering. If you or someone you love has been injured by a faulty, defective, or dangerous product, you should contact an experienced product liability lawyer right away.
A Products Liability case can be brought by showing that a defective product caused an injury. To establish a product is defective, we must prove one of the following three things:
- A product was manufactured in a defective condition. This means that the manufacturer made a mistake during the manufacturing process. A manufacturing defects renders an otherwise safe product unsafe or unreasonably dangerous.
- A product’s design is defective. This means that the way in which the manufacturer designed a product renders that product unreasonably dangerous. A product is considered defective if the danger is unknowable and unacceptable to the average or ordinary consumer. A product is also considered defective if a reasonable person would conclude that the probability and seriousness of harm caused by the product outweigh the burden or costs of taking precautions.
- A product was not equipped with adequate instructions or warnings. This means that a necessary warning advising consumers about one or more inherent hazards was not included with the product.
The attorneys at Levin and Javie have made numerous recoveries for individuals injured by defective products. These are complicated cases that require a combination of legal knowledge and skill to win. A qualified attorney at Levin and Javie can help you maximize your recovery when a defective product causes you injury. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Philadelphia Premises Liability Attorney
If you have been injured while on someone else’s property, call to speak with an attorney at Levin and Javie today.
Under our legal system, property owners are required to keep their premises in a safe condition to avoid causing innocent people to suffer injuries. Whether a premises is in a safe condition depends on a multitude of factors, including the type of activity that occurs on the property, whether the property is open to the public, the location of the property and the types warnings given to those on the property.
Examples of dangerous conditions include potholes or uneven surfaces, cracked walkways, bubbling carpet, slippery substances, snow and ice, falling objects, poorly maintained structures or machinery, vicious dogs and unguarded swimming pools.
When a landowner fails to keep his or her property safe, the consequences can be catastrophic. Unfortunately, dangerous premises and properties exist throughout the Philadelphia region. A serious attorney is necessary to help you pay for medical care, compensate you for lost wages and begin to rebuild your life.
Whether the accident happens at the grocery store, a private residence, a beauty salon, a public park, or a construction site, Levin and Javie can help you receive just compensation for your injuries.
What Are Some Common Injuries Caused by Dangerous Property?
- Fractures. Many premises accidents result in the fracture of one or more bones. Bone fractures are extremely painful and oftentimes require surgical correction and the permanent placement of hardware to repair. Our clients also report a loss in functionality after recovering from such injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI). As the name suggests, these injuries are caused by trauma to the head from being hit by an object, hitting one’s head on an object or the ground, etc. These injuries are often permanent or long-lasting and can affect the way someone thinks, remembers, interacts, talks and lives.
- Spinal injuries. An injury to the spine is a catastrophic injury that cannot be cured. The severity of such injuries varies greatly, but it is often associated with long-lasting chronic pain. The most serious of spinal injuries can result in paralysis or death.
- Soft tissue injuries. Injuries caused by trauma to the muscle, tendons and ligaments which usually presents with pain and swelling. There are different types of soft tissue injuries like strains, sprains, contusions, tendonitis and bursitis. The injuries may occur to varying degrees.
Examples of Premises Liability cases we handle:
- Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Workplace Injuries
- Recreational Injuries
- Accidental Drowning
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, contact us for a free consultation today. We will analyze your case immediately. It is imperative that we begin gathering evidence such as surveillance video before it is lost or destroyed and photographing the dangerous condition before the landowner has a chance to remedy the defect.